Thursday, September 17, 2009

Harlan Ellison's Dramatic Reading of the Seussified "I Will Not Read Your Fucking Script"

I read about 40 queries a day on top of anything my boss passes off to me on top of anything new that the clients write on top of things I should have read WAY before now on top of...

So, yes, I understand your frustration Mr. Ellison, but we all feel it. And with a resume like yours (see Wikipedia), you should be glad someone took a chance on you and read your fucking script. Though your poem has a friendly tone, I can't help but feel there is some anger seething beneath the surface.

Here's my suggestion: If you don't want to read fucking scripts, get an assistant. I'm sure there are plenty of starving, young writers who would read those scripts and would be happy about it.

BUT THE POEM ITSELF IS VERY INTELLIGENT AND WORTH A READ:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2009/09/harlan_ellisons.php

No comments:

Post a Comment